Year 7 Transition

Year 7 Transition

The Department of Education Year 6 -> 7 Transitions: Application for Year 7 Placement forms are distributed by your child’s Primary School early in Term 2.

These forms must be returned to the Primary School your child attends. On this form you will nominate the Secondary School you would like your child to attend. 

Given the site capacity of Wollert Secondary College, the significant enrolment growth over the past two years the Department of Education has implemented a School Zone. hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Information on this site is updated in Term 1 each year, ready for the Year 6 to 7 transition period.

To visit the site, see: If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email 

Guidelines around our School Zone require us to adhere to the following enrolment criteria, in the order stated, for assessing applications:

  • School Zone (Criteria 1)
  • Siblings (Criteria 2)
  • Compassionate Grounds (Criteria 3)

In making enrolment determinations all applications under criteria 1 and 3 will require copies of both of the following documents as evidence of their permanent residential address:

  • 2 current utility bills; and
  • current rates notice or lease agreement (of minimum 12 months)

Wollert Secondary College strongly recommend parents to review the attached “Year 6 to 7 Placement Information Pack for Parents and Carers (For Year 6 students starting Year 7 in 2025)”

This document is provided and updated Yearly by the Department of Education to assist families throughout this transition period.